Welcome to Our Journey!

Please join us in our experiences with the Paleo diet and all it has to offer. We're not experts, but we'd love for you to learn with us as we move toward our goal of healthier living.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paleo Chicken Fajitas

Last night we had Paleo Chicken Fajitas for dinner, and they were pretty tasty. By far the best thing *I'VE* cooked since we started this (I know Chad has had more luck cooking Paleo than I have).

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients (all spices are to taste)
Chicken, cut into strips
Chili powder
Thyme
Red pepper flakes
Pizza seasoning
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Toss the chicken into a big pan with the olive oil, and season it to hell and back (well, that's my method anyway). Serve in romaine lettuce cups (I just bought Hearts of Romaine and cut appropriately-sized "wraps". The boy had theirs in tortillas though) I also served it with some summer squash and zucchini that I sauteed with minced garlic.

The Finished Product:


My Take: This came out really well, though the chicken was a little dry (I got distracted while I was cooking = FAIL) There was a lot more flavor in this than anything I've cooked so far, so I think I'm a fan. Chad did say he thought it would be good with a lime squeezed over it, and we didn't have a lime so I tried an orange wedge. That really rounded out the flavor nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment