Welcome to Our Journey!

Please join us in our experiences with the Paleo diet and all it has to offer. We're not experts, but we'd love for you to learn with us as we move toward our goal of healthier living.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cooking With Chad: Pancake FAIL

Last night I tried to make alternative pancakes, using coconut flour.  I will keep this post fairly brief: it failed.  Yes, they were technically edible, but just barely.  They failed to the point, where I won't even post the recipe, as I want to wait to get a decent pancake recipe to post for you guys. 

I would say everything went well until cooking time came.  The batter was quite thick, as to be expected from the highly absorbent coconut flour, so you would have to spoon it into the pan, and then spread it.  The issue was that was saying to cook for 2-3 mins on each side.  Whenever I have cooked pancakes before, I was lucky to get 30 seconds per side.  And it was exactly that: the pancakes would begin to burn before being ready to be flipped.  I even tried setting the heat lower for the second batch, but it did not make a difference.

The results were dry and mealy.  I had to put a goodly amount of honey on there just to choke them down.

Like I said, I will experiment more and find other recipes, and post one when I find one to appease the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment